The draft foresees the new body operating as a government body and the bank has already said that could compromise the watchdog's independence. It added on Tuesday it saw problems with the way the bill had been drafted.
"The bill has many inconsistencies which result
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot