"Low interest rates are supportive but will hurt the economy if they are maintained too long," Fukui told an economic seminar.
Fukui noted that "expectations for inflation may rise ahead" and "Japanese companies may change their cautious stance on wage hikes."
Fukui said he was optimistic that the risk of t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations