"The economy is fundamentally sound," Fridriksson said on 2 April, adding that the country's banks had little exposure to subprime debt.
Iceland's three biggest banks have funded the growth of the country's $16 billion economy by selling debt, but the global credit crunch is making that strategy more expensive and concerns hav
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting