A European Parliament committee which vets European Central Bank candidates confirmed on Friday that it would quiz ECB president-designate Jean-Claude Trichet on September 11.
Trichet, the governor of the Bank of France, is expected to be formally nominated by European Union finance ministers at their next meeting, on July 15,
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power