Quaden told reporters that even after the European Central Bank's rate increase in December "rates remain low ... lower than the lowest rate ever seen in Germany and in Belgium in the last 50 years".
Speaking at a news conference, he added: "Such a situation should be exceptional and temporary."
Quaden noted in his for
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting