The data show that, 16 months into the recession, the rise in unemployment has been the most severe in any of the 11 post-war slumps.
The charts are interactive and allow users to select from each of the slumps since 1945 individually and to measure the impact of each downturn in comparison with other state-by-state.
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security