The rate cut sent local government bond prices soaring and helped stock prices recoup early losses.
The Bank of Korea's seven-member monetary policy committee cut the overnight call rate target by a quarter of a percentage point to 3.25 per cent, the fourth cut since May last year.
"The economy is on a downward trend overall as consumption
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde