Noel Amenc and Samuel Sender, two economists at the EDHEC business school, argue in a paper published Wednesday that recognising that capital ratios should diminish in an economic downturn, even by 1%, would have made most of the injections of public funds unnecessary.
Since losses lead to a fall
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard