Yeh Rong-tzaw, deputy director general of Economic Research Department at the central bank, cited a Japanese research paper as saying major liquidity flows triggered the East Asia financial crisis in 1997 and 1998, it reported.
The situation also highlights the need for cooperation among members of the regional financial com
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro