Government intervention in the securities market, the housing market or the banking sector, would act as a "third line of defence" in support of fiscal and monetary policy, he said in an interview with the Financial Times, a newspaper, ahead of the spring meetings of the IMF and World Bank.
Up until now autho
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say