Sir, John Kay overstates the importance of economics in the (film) world by implying that Nobel Prize winner John Nash, subject of A Beautiful Mind, is an economist. This is incorrect: Nash is a mathematician. In fact, he is the only mathematician ever to have won a Nobel prize.
This is probably because there is no Nobel prize in
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?