The upper and lower houses of the Diet both backed Yamaguchi's nomination on Friday.
Yamaguchi, previously one of six executive directors, has worked for the central bank since 1974.
The central bank has been one deputy governor short since Toshiro Muto and Kazumasa Iwata stepped down now more than seven months ago owing to political wrangling.
The Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ), the
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?