This figure is very similar to that for the second half of last year, when around 287,000 counterfeits were recovered, but lower than the 307,000 recovered during the first half of 2004. These figures should, however, be seen in the context of the number of genuine banknotes in circulation (around 9 billion).
The breakdown of counterfeit banknotes by denomin
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms