"There is no need in some European countries to get into a constant panic about exchange and interest rates," Quaden told reporters during a presentation of the central bank's latest economic forecasts.
He said that although the European Central Bank has been tightening monetary policy, rates are still at historically low levels.
Quaden, who sits o
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets