The move was said to have been made by the Administrative Reform Council, a group of top military officials who staged a coup d'etat against the government of Thaksin Shinawatra last night.
"I didn't know that I was nominated as a candidate," M.R. Pridiyathorn said. "No one has telephoned me to discuss the matter. Only my wife called to tell m
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard