A central bank spokeswoman said Thursday that Mersch is refraining from comment on the matter until he has had a chance to meet with Luxembourg's political authorities.
Mersch has been widely mentioned in various media reports as a potential candidate to succeed ECB Vice-President Christian Noyer, whose
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations