"Financial integration for us is a major, major goal," Trichet said at a press conference on the launch of the Short-Term European Paper (STEP) initiative.
Financial integration is not only important to drive growth, but also to help absorb shocks, the ECB president told reporters.
On STEP, Trichet said the programme aims to boos
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio