Kuwait's government announced the measure following its weekly meeting on Sunday, Reuters reported. It said in a statement sent to Reuters that a draft decree sanctioning the move was passed and would go to His Highness Emir Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmed Al Sabah for his approval.
It would take effect from January 1, 2003
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot