Rosengren said that he was "at heart very much an optimist" but identified four features that pointed to a slow recovery.
Rosengren acknowledged that financial markets had thawed, but said it would still take "some time" for conditions to return to normal.
He then pointed to levels of consumer debt, noting that households' balance sheets were under "si
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms