Source: The Globe and Mail
Former Bank of Canada governor John Crow sees room for higher interest rates to control inflation, which he says is poised to rise further if a war with Iraq pushes energy prices higher.
Monetary policy "is stimulative at the moment" and real interest rates, adjusted for inflation are zero, he said ye
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré