"It is our duty to determine the legitimacy of their operations," Central Bank Governor Rafael Buenaventura told reporters.
"It's more of being able to track down or determine possible money laundering activities," Buenaventura said, assuring it isn't a prelude to capital controls.
The central bank chie
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power