OECD economist Randall Jones said experts still don't understand what causes deflation and what needs to be done to reverse it. The OECD worries that deflationary pressures remain strong and that Japan is still trapped in a spiral of falling prices.
Mr Jones, speaking from Paris via videoconference, advise
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré