Paul de Grauwe of Belgium's Catholic University in Leuven is warning the euro is bound to collapse in 10 to 20 years because there is no clear movement toward political union in Europe, the EU Observer reported on Monday 24 April.
Last week a new member of the European Central Bank's board, the German Bundesbank's vice president, made similar comments.
I am concerned ab
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB