"On December 12 the President of Poland sent to parliament a motion to appoint Jan Sulmicki as the governor of the National Bank of Poland," said the statement, carried on the official presidential website.
The term of the current central bank chief, Leszek Balcerowicz, ends on January 10.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde