British Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, who chaired the meeting, said Greenspan had "served not only America but the whole world".
Greenspan also received the freedom of the City of London in honour of his accomplishments.
"As you know, yesterday he also became a freeman of the C
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?