Seiji Nakamura, a member of the Bank of Japan's rate-setting board, has said that the chances of economic slowdown in the United States are rising as the subprime market slumps further.
``Housing investment continues to decline and consumer sentiment-related indicators are worsening because of the subprime mortgage problem,'' Nakamura said on Thursday.
Toshihiko Fukui, the governor of the Bank of Japan, had said in a speech that followed this month's rate hold that he thought housing conditio
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde