'It is a fact that with regards to the financing conditions, conditions are perfect for an upswing,' the newspaper quoted Issing as saying.
'If this (upswing) does not materialise, it cannot be because of interest rates.'
A common monetary policy cannot help if investment conditions in some countries are unfavourable, if
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory