The Fed has faced criticism - including from dissenters from within its own ranks - that it has stepped beyond its ambit and undertaken operations that would have been best left to the Treasury, or at least explicitly backed by them.
However, Kohn on Saturday dismissed these claims b
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations