The Financial Times, a newspaper, and local media both reported that Lamido Sanusi, the head of First Bank, would succeed Soludo, whose five-year term expires on 29 May. The governor can serve a second term.
Soludo, an academic before joining the central bank, is well regarded internationally and has presided over the institution at a time when the Nigerian banking system has been rated t
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market