Bank of Zambia Governor Caleb Fundanga said the notes printed by the Canadian Bank Note Company would be replaced with new notes printed by the same firm.
The notes in denominations of 500 and 1,000 kwacha created public outrage in 2004 when they started fading soon after being launched in September the previous year.
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms