The staff losses will occur as the central bank reduces its cash handling activities and adjusts to a reduced role within Europe's monetary union.
Buba had previously announced that staff numbers would be reduced to the equivalent of 9,800 full-time posts by the end of 2010.
That total would fall to 9,000 full time jobs by the end of 2012, it announced.
"Given a share in banknote processing of 5
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency