"We may or may not be able to (shift policy) this fiscal year," Miyako Suda told a news conference in Kochi, southwestern Japan, after a meeting with business leaders.
Suda, a former university professor, said the transition from zero interest rates to low interest rates may not take long after the
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says