The federal funds target represents the cost at which the central bank wants depository institutions to lend to other depository institutions overnight.
Ordinarily, the Fed is ab
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot