David Robinson, senior adviser to the IMF's research department, said Hong Kong's currency board system, in place since 1983, provides a resilient exchange rate regime.
In the past, some commentators have linked Hong Kong with Argentina, which had a currency peg to the U.S. dollar under a similar system. Arg
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power