The Czech National Bank's monetary policy board voted 4-3 in favour of a quarter-point rate hike on Thursday. The increase raises the benchmark two-week repo rate to 3.25%.
The central bank increased the discount rate and Lombard rate by the same amount, to 2.25% and 4.25% respectively.
Uncertainty regarding the central bank's July inflation forecast led to the decision being a close one. The central bank said that factors causing uncertainty were:
· the impact of excise duties and VAT chang
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power