"Right now, the time is not right for Indonesia to loosen monetary policy," bank governor Sjahril Sabirin told reporters.
"We will still impose rather tight policies. It's because we need this considering the country's condition."
The central bank has been raising rates for months to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power