Jean-Claude Masangu, the central bank governor, announced on state television on 27 May that the new opening rate for the Congolese franc would be 315 to the US dollar, a big devaluation from the previous official rate of 50.
For many purposes, however, businesses had already been runn
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms