In his most optimistic statement yet, the influential central banker told the Senate Finance Committee that "recent evidence increasingly suggests that an economic expansion is already well under way".
It was a highly unusual revision of Mr Greenspan's testimony just one week ago to the House of Representatives where he sounded a more cautious note.
Normally Mr Greenspan makes t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations