Barclays, a commercial bank, said Thursday that it was the bank that borrowed £1.6 billion ($3.2 billion) from the Bank of England's standing facility.
Barclays said that a glitch with the CREST payments system was behind the loan, insisting that it was not facing liquidity problems.
It is the second time this month that Barclays has borrowed from the standing facility. The Bank lent Barclays £314 million thorough the standing facility on 21 August. Barclays said its first use of the standing
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde