"Most of the councillors took the opportunity to offer expressions of faith in the governor," Paolo Emilio Ferreri, who as its oldest member chairs the council, said in a statement sent by the central bank.
The board, known as the superior council, also declined to hold a special session to discuss the controversy surrounding Fazio. Critics have said he fai
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations