SPECIAL FEATURE - There has been some surprise at the recent appointments at the Bank of England. The Bank is to be graced with its first female deputy governor in its 300-year history, who happens to have spent 27 years of her lifetime at the Bank's opposite number, the Treasury. In this weeks Special Feature CentralBankNet looks at the new recruits, examines their backgrounds and considers the implications of their appointments.
Are the cynics who say this is
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations