Asked about what advice he would give the British people on why the benefits of joining the euro, he said he would tell them, "that a single market to which you are so profoundly attached is not achieved without a single currency."
The ECB head went on to compare the euro zone with the US, saying, "Make the thought experiment for one se
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory