"The main, main liability we have" in Europe is "progress in labor productivity, which is significantly inferior to the present level in the US," said Trichet at a panel discussion on Saturday organized by the Bertelsmann Foundation in Berlin, according to Bloomberg News.
"We have a level of rigidity in our own economy
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?