A successor to Ms. Krueger, who joined the IMF on September 1, 2001, is expected to be named in due course by IMF Managing Director de Rato, the IMF said.
Announcing her intention to leave, Ms. Krueger said:
"This has been a difficult decision for me and I am leaving with very mixed feeli
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say