Chatu Mongol Sonakul was deemed one of the best-qualified for the job because of his monetary and fiscal expertise as well as his recognition in the world community, the Bangkok Post quoted "highly placed sources" as saying.
The British-educated technocrat led the Bank of Thailand from 199
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart