Of the 24 prominent economists Jiji Press polled, 19 said that Muto is the frontrunner to succeed current BOJ governor Toshihiko Fukui, whose term of office expires on March 19, 2008.
Among the others, three believe that Heizo Takenaka, now professor at Keio University and former minister of internal affairs and
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase