In his mid-year monetary policy statement yesterday, Gideon Gono, governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, also announced a number of liberalisation measures aimed at boosting foreign currency earnings and encouraging residents and Zimbabweans living abroad to repatriate foreign funds.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard