The PBoC, who announced the shift after markets closed, also directed banks to increase their reserve holdings, reducing the amount of money available for lending. The rate on a commercial one-year loan rose 0.18% to 6.57% and the one-year deposit rate was increased to 3.06% from 2.79%.
Additionally, the yuan will now be able to move as much as
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital