In a transcript from a radio report on Friday 28 April, Reserve Bank of Australia governor Ian Macfarlane pondered why the Australian media covered interest rate moves much more than either the US or UK media. He also recounted a 'near-death' experience with Alan Greenspan in a golf buggy.
Click here to read his comments
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system
Back to Top