"There's room for using interest rates further," Zhou said in a discussion on the central bank's anti-inflationary policy with Bloomberg News.
The central bank's one-year lending rate stands at 7.47% following the seven hikes last year.
Faced with rampant food-price growth, Beijing is under pressure to curb inflation, which hit a 12-year high of 8.7% in Febru
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency